} -->

Saturday 26 November 2011

The Zero Knot by K.Z Snow

Eighteen-year-old Jess Bonner is casting off pretense—and, with it, some friends from his past who aren’t particularly trustworthy. In just a few months he’ll be starting college, and it’s time for him to admit the truth: he’s gay, not bi, and only one of his childhood buddies holds any kind of real interest for him. When Dylan Finch, aka Mig, follows his lead and puts some distance between himself and the old crowd, he and Jess give in to a mutual attraction that’s been building for years.

But navigating a fledgling relationship isn’t easy for beginners, and forces they can’t seem to control keep tripping them up: sexual appetite, personal insecurities, fear of discovery, and more. They need clarity. They need courage. Just as they’re on the verge of finding both, a vindictive act of jealousy sends one of them to jail. All their hard-won victories are in danger of falling to dust. The only way to save what they have is to recognize it for what it is . . . and fight for its integrity.



4 1/2 Wonderful Stars!!!

They only reason I am not giving this book a full 5 stars is simply because I felt the beginning was a little slow to me, but that said, we also spent that time getting to know the characters, whom I must say, I totally loved!!! Jess Bonner and Dylan 'Mig' Finch have been friends for years and both have begun to feel a little more than 'friendship' for each other recently. This is a wonderful coming of age and coming into your sexuality story. It is honest, raw, and beautiful in its storytelling. This is an honest story of two 18 year old boys who are finding themselves in this world of sometimes close minded people. I have such a hard time reading hate and intolerance, though I know it exists everywhere, but to have your own parents tell you your love for someone is 'not normal' breaks my heart. Now, I don't want to dwell on this part because it was such a small part of the story, that is just such a big hot button issue with me that it gets my back up every time!!

As Mig and Jess find there way, there are some obvious bumps in the road but the way that these young men handle themselves and the situations they are in really made me love them! I got the biggest kick out of Jess's brother Jared, and wish that every person who finds themselves struggling with the issue of 'coming out' to family or friends could have a parent as wonderfully accepting as Jess's dad was. In all I really enjoyed this story and although it is my first by K.Z. Snow, I can tell you it will definitely not be my last!

*****This book was provided to me as an ARC by Netgalley


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...