} -->

Thursday 8 December 2011

To Command and Collar (Masters of the Shadowlands #6)- Cherise Sinclair

Determined to find the human traffickers preying on Shadowlands’ submissives, Master Raoul gets himself invited to a small slave auction. Once informed, the FBI orders him to reject the limited choices so the slavers will invite him to the big auction. To Raoul’s shock, one of the slaves is the kidnapped friend of a Shadowlands sub. She has a scarred body…and an unbroken spirit. He can’t leave her behind. Ruining the FBI’s carefully laid plans, he buys her.
Kimberly’s freedom has come at a devastating price: the other women are still slaves. An FBI raid is their only hope for rescue. Desperate to help the Feds locate the big auction, she agrees to pose as Master Raoul’s slave. Wearing a collar again is terrifying, but under the powerful dominant’s care, Kim starts to heal and then to blossom. This is what she’s been drawn to—and fled from—her entire life.

She escaped the slavers who captured her body—can she escape the master who’s captured her heart?




Holly's Thought's...


I am not really sure how to begin this review, I have thought on it for two days and I'm just gonna give it the old college try.

I have to first start by saying this is the most emotionally draining book that I have read from CS. I have loved every one of the Shadowlands books and this one was no exception, but getting into Kimberly's head as she went through the terror of being kidnapped and forced into sexual slavery and then reliving those fears with her throughout the book actually had me putting it down and needing a break from time to time. The hardest part for me is knowing that yes, this is fiction, but what is happening in this story is happening in our world today. There are some awful people out there, that's for sure.

That said, Kimberly's strength and bravery combined with the love, patience and training that she went through with Raoul (and the other Shadowlands Doms and subs) made this better for me. As I said, this book was deeply emotional and some parts were hard to read, but overall it was just as fantastic as previous Shadowlands books, there was lots of yummy BDSM, hot sex, and fun too! It is always fun for me to get to visit with the other Doms and their subs when reading a new book in this series!

This is one of my favorite kinds of stories, the kind that grabs you by the heart and doesn't let go, even once you have finished it!



3 comments:

Tanya Heather said...

Oooooh, I think I've just found a new series to read. Thanx!

June M. said...

I love this series and completely agree that this book was very emotionally charged. Kimberly was a great, strong character. She had a lot to overcome due to what had happened to her. She was very brave to work through these issues and Master R was both caring but also strong enough to help her. I am looking forward to more of this series and greatly recommend it to anyone who has not read it yet.

Unknown said...

I love this series. I didn't realize there was a new book out. Woot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...