} -->

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Sovereign Hope by Frankie Rose

Farley Hope was seventeen when her mother disappeared. In the last six months not much has changed, except that her eighteenth birthday came and went and still no sign of Moira. Her life is just as complicated as it always was: since her father died in a car crash before she was even born, she’s officially parentless, and to top it all off she’s still suffering from the hallucinations. Mind-splitting, vivid hallucinations- the kind prone to induce night terrors and leave you whimpering under your covers like a baby.

The last thing on her mind is boys. Farley is on break from St. Judes’ when she meets Daniel. It’s not some casual run in at a party, or even a blind date with friends, though. Daniel is the guy stalking her in his 1970′s Dodge Charger; the guy standing at her  window in the LA lunch hour traffic, determined  on dragging her out of her truck.

The moment Farley lays eyes on Daniel, everything changes. However, regrettably for Farley, her life isn’t set to change for the better. She is drawn into a world that will shake apart everything she thought she ever knew. There are truths out there that she must learn: who her father really was, and what it means to have his blood flowing through her veins; that a person’s soul is their only real currency, and there are people who would do anything to take hers; that loving someone can hurt so much more than hating them; but, most importantly, when your future is predestined, there is little you can do to change it.

Farley Hope is prophesied.
 Her coming has been awaited for hundreds of years.
She is destined to end the tyranny of the Soul Reavers.
To do so she must die.


Release Date July 1st 2012





 Rhonda's Review
"When the tailsman and the fair sovereign borne of the line are found in unity, she will possess the power to destroy our great people forever."

I wanted so much to love this book!

I have been in the mood for something different lately, and haven’t been able to find one  that’s already in my kindle to read.  I ran across this book, and read the blurb, then viewed the trailer.  I’m a sucker for a good book trailer, (I know some people don’t dig them, but I do.) At this point I was certain this was the book I was looking for.

Well let me tell you, Frankie Rose delivered!!
This book in fact exceeded my expectations. I have kind of strayed away from YA books lately unless they’ve been Mature YA.  Mostly because of the maturity level of the characters.  I found the characters in this book to be absolutely wonderful! They were so much fun to read, from the H/h, Farley and Daniel, to the cast of secondary characters.   Farley was so cute with her sassiness, and her inner dialogue, and she stepped up to the plate when it was time to be a tough girl.  And who doesn’t love the mysterious brooding hero??   I absolutely fell in love with Daniel when he started letting the walls come down. These two made me smile a lot, and I loved the romantic element between them,  

The Reavers, which are the most powerful among the immortals and they are the villains.  I loved the simplicity of their background, and I didn’t need a glossary to follow the different types of Immortals.  They’re slightly like vampires but they’re not.  There is no blood exchange between them, they’re power comes basically from an exchange of energy if you will.  There are the Immundus who are like minions for the immortals, and then there are the people who live in the Four Quarters who are basically the “lower class” of the immortals. They don’t have any significant powers, but do have the life span of thousands of years.  Then there are the whytes which are basically an immortal abomination, they remind me of something straight out of  “28 Days Later”.

Sovereign Hope started out with a bang, and kept my attention throughout.  I had numerous questions swimming around in my head, but most were answered as the story unfolded.  I found the pacing of the story perfect, and it’s loaded with action.  I thought the author's descriptives were perfect in painting the scenes,  from the colorful world in Aldan's head to the action scenes. This story is told in the 3rd person POV, which I loved.  You get to see inside everyone’s head, and know what they're thinking and feeling.  Now I adored Aldan and Agatha so much, and loved Beatty too, these are my favorite of the secondary cast.  (My heart swells just thinking about them.)  I can't express enough how much I loved this book, however; I did hug my kindle when I was finished and was disappointed that my time with these characters was over.


Anyway, This is a fantastic book, and I haven't been this excited about sharing a book in a while!   I definitely recommend to those that enjoy a good YA read.  I can’t wait for the next book!! 

  A BIG thank you to Frankie Rose for the opportunity to read this!!
5 HUGE SHINY STARS!!!!


2 comments:

Elena said...

Awe!!! That is the cutest review you've written this year! I love it! And because u fell in love with the novel now I'm interested :)

GraceMyBookSnack said...

Beautiful review! If reading this made you hug your Kindle afterwards, then sign me up! Gorgeous cover too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...