} -->

Monday 28 May 2012

Temptation & Twilight (#3) By Charlotte Featherstone

Iain Sinclair, Marquis of Alynwick, is certain there is a special hell for him. An unrepentant rake, he holds nothing sacred – except for beautiful Elizabeth York. For years, Alynwick has tried to forget the woman he loved so well, and treated so badly. A woman who could hold nothing in her heart for him except hatred.

All of society believes Elizabeth, blind daughter of a duke, to be a proper young lady. But no one knows of her wanton affair with Alynwick. When Lizzy learns of her ancestor’s ancient diary – filled with exotic tales – she longs to uncover the identity of the unnamed lover within and hesitantly allows Alynwick, who claims to have knowledge of the “veiled lady,” to help her solve the mystery.

Eager to be Lizzy’s eyes, Alynwick brings the seductive text to life, and each night it takes greater effort for her to forget his betrayal. With each whispered word, her resolve gives way, without her knowing that a centuries-old secret will lead them to a present-day danger.








Holly's Review:

   I seriously feel like I have been waiting forever to know the story of Elizabeth York and Iain Sinclair, which is why I hate that I have to give it only 4 stars! Now don't get me wrong, Elizabeth and Alynwick's love story alone gets 5 stars, the emotion between the two of them was off the pages amazing. That said, I was not enthralled, like I thought I would be, by the rest of the rest of the story. I have enjoyed the mystery surrounding the Brethren Guardians, but this final installment lacked a little something for me, I didn't devour it like I did the previous books.

Since reading the first installment of this series I have been totally intrigued by Alynwick,the Mad Marquis! He is such a bad boy and oh how I love bad boys, but he has broken Elizabeth's heart and she she is way too smart to ever let him in again, right? When possibly faced with his death, Alynwick can deny no longer that Beth is his one true love and soul and he vows he will stop at nothing to have her back, he needs her. Oh, she really gives resisting him the old college try, but really, who could? I also have to mention that because Beth is blind Iain tends to describe what he is doing to her, which of course gives he awesome dirty talker status!!

We meet some intriguing new characters in this installment and finally learn the true identity of the evil Orpheus and the reason behind his hatred of the Brethren. All in all I truly enjoyed this book and series, as I have with everything Ms. Featherstone pens and I cannot pimp her books enough! They are truly amazing!























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...