} -->

Wednesday 26 September 2012

On Dublin Street By Samantha Young

On Dublin Street Four years ago, Jocelyn Butler left her tragic past behind in the States and started  in Edinburgh. Burying the grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without any real attachments has worked well for her so far but when Joss moves into a fantastic apartment on Dublin Street, her carefully guarded world is shaken to it's core by her new roommate's sexy older brother.

Braden Carmichael is a man who always gets what he wants. And what he wants is Jocelyn in his bed. Knowing how skittish Joss is concerning any kind of relationship, Braden proposes a sexual arrangement that should satisfy the intense attraction between them without it developing into anything 'more'. An intrigued Jocelyn agrees, completely unprepared for the Scotsman and his single-minded determination to strip the stubborn young woman bare... to the very soul.

Contains strong adult content. For readers ages 18+




 Holly's Review:

I really did love this book, but I am knocking off half a star and only going with 4.5 stars because I have a hard time with the heroine Jocelyn, I tried, I really did, but she got on my nerves with her inability to woman up to her issues and let people in.

Or maybe I just really liked Braden so much that her issues were too much for me. Anyway, all that said, my bitching is done, I promise, this was a great book with a smokin', dirty talking hero!

Jocelyn Butler endured a horrible tragedy at fourteen and for almost a decade has done everything she can to forget, including leaving her home in Virginia for beautiful Scotland. Believing that if she can avoid and real attachments to anyone or anything she will never have to feel that kind of pain and grief again. Enter Braden Carmichael! When Joss realizes that her sexy mystery man that she was forced to share a cab with is in fact her new roommates brother things start to get a little dicey!

Totally unable to fight the attraction between them Braden pursues Joss with vigor, which she attempts to thwart at every friggin' turn. This is where I started to get irritated with her. I get it! She has issues, don't we all? (sorry, I said my bitching was done, didn't I?) But Braden was freaking amazing. Holy Hotness Batman! And an oh so dirty talker, you all know how I love that! Needless to say he doesn't give up and all's well that ends well and we all know that's what going through all the emotional rides are for, to come out on the other side with a HEA, right?

We go through a lot of series heartache before the HEA and yes, I cried a bunch a real tears for lines like this...

Braden never once looked back and that was a good thing. If he had he would have seen Jocelyn Butler crying real tears for the first time in a long time, and he would have known that I lied. And lied big. For anyone who saw me, knew they were watching a heart in the process of breaking.

'I know you love me, Jocelyn, because there's no fucking way that I can be this much in love with you and not have you feel the same way. It's not possible.'

Like I said, I really did love this book! I also want to point out how much I enjoyed all of the secondary characters, some of them had great stories all there own. This is my first book by this author and if this one is any indication it will definitely not be my last!







 

1 comment:

Tina B said...

I really enjoyed this book too! And my goodness is Braden like the perfect man! And he has a Scottish brogue! ;)
Awesome review. I think I have to agree with you and say that I think I just really like him and her shooting him down irritated me.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Holly. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...