} -->

Monday 12 November 2012

Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers #2) by J. Lynn

Tempting the Player (Gamble Brothers, #2)

Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with…and that’s the last thing Chad needs.


When the paparazzi catch them in a compromising position, Chad’s manager issues an ultimatum: clean up his act or kiss his multi-million dollar contract goodbye. To save his career, his meddling publicist says he'll have to convince everyone Bridget isn’t just his flavor of the week, but his girlfriend.


Being blackmailed into a fake relationship with Chad Gamble isn’t easy, especially when the sizzling physical attraction between them is undeniable. With a month to go on their arranged pretense, it's going to take every ounce of willpower they have not to fall into bed together...or in love.



Thessa's Review

4.5 Stars

“There isn’t a ‘but’ in this.” He cupped her cheek, tilting her head back. When he spoke, his lips brushed hers. “I want you. Bad. Right now. Against the wall. On my bed. The floor and maybe in the bathroom later. I have a shower stall and a Jacuzzi we could put to really good use. I know you’d like it.”

Well hello there, Chad Gamble. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Oh, Jennifer Armentrout…umm…err…I mean Ms. J. Lynn, you never cease to amaze me. Each time this author comes out with something new, it’s a must read for me. This was no different. I love JLA, but when she writes as J. Lynn, I know I’m in for a hot and sexy ride. Gahh!! I just LOVE the Gamble brothers! Chad & Bridget’s story is predictable, but I still love it. It’s fun and sexy and I enjoyed every minute of it. 

“Are you sure that’s what you want, Bridget? Because once I start, I won’t stop again. I will take you – take you so hard that every breath afterward is only going to remind you of me.” 

Chad is a ridiculously hot and sexy All-Star Baseball player for the Nationals. He’s also a player on and off the field. His reputation with the ladies and for his partying ways is well known and well publicized. Unfortunately his reputation is getting in the way of his career. The Nationals wants him to clean up his act or risk his contract from being renewed. Chad does not want to leave his city. His family, friends and his life is in this city. He wants his contract renewed more than anything, even putting up with the Nationals’ Publicist, Alana Gore, who was hired to help clean up Chad’s act. Ms. Gore’s suggestion: Form a fake relationship with Chad’s latest desire, Bridget Rodgers.

Bridget does not consider herself beautiful. Although she’s a beautiful soul and as sweet as can be, she doesn’t seem to think too highly of herself. However, Chad sees differently. She’s a classic beauty and has curves in all the right places. Chad was immediately smitten with her. Bridget can’t understand why Chad is so interested in her. She’s not skin and bones, like all his other previous conquests. No. She won’t be like one of Chad’s other girls. She’s stronger than that and refuses to fall at his feet. However when Ms. Gore practically blackmails her into seeing Chad again, she has no choice but to pretend this chemistry between them is fake. It is all fake, right? 

There were no surprises in this story, although the way it was written, I wouldn’t have known it was written by JLA. To me, it was different from her previous work. It didn’t have as much laughs and playful times as her previous J. Lynn story, but it did have more steam and sexual tension, which was fine by me. I loved Bridget & Chad’s relationship. They were hot together and I just love stories where the mighty, sexy player falls, especially when the heroine is lovable like Bridget. I love J. Lynn's stories and I love this series. I can’t wait to read the next Gamble brother story, which I’m going to assume will involve Chad and Ms. Gore. Just call it a hunch, but these two had something cooking. Can’t wait for the next installment. Loved this!



4 of 5 stars false


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...