} -->

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Hopeless

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.

Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.


Thessa's Review

FIVE BUTTERFLYINGLY BEAUTIFUL STARS!!! 

“I want to tell you exactly how I feel but there isn’t a single goddamned word in the entire dictionary that can describe this point between liking you and lovingyou, but I need that word. I need it because I need you to hear me say it.” …
“Live. If you mix the letters up in the words like and love, you get live. You can use that word.”
He laughs again, but this time it’s a laugh of relief. He wraps his arms around me and he kisses me with nothing but a hell of a lot of relief. “I live you, Sky,” he says against my lips. “I live you so much.”
 


I have a huge freaking grin on my face. 
Like. 
HUGE.

Colleen Hoover is a writing genius. I don’t know how she does it. Time and time again, she has the ability to weave an unbelievable story. I was blown away with Slammed and Point of Return, but this newest creation she has written has left me just speechless. I’m in utter awe at her talent for writing a beautiful story. Oh. My. God. I just don’t know what to say. This story was just butterflyingly beautiful. I smiled, I cried and I just loved. This made my exclusive crack-book shelf and for that, I will be adding the paperback to my “real life” bookshelf when it becomes available. Just effing amazing!

“We won’t go any further than this, I promise. But please don’t ask me to stop where we already are. I need to watch you and I need to hear you because the fact that I know you’re actually feeling this right now is so fucking amazing. You feel incredible and this feels incredible and please. Just…please. 

Sky’s life thus far is comprised of her BFF, Six, and her mother, Karen. She’ll be starting her Senior year in High School soon, but this time it’ll be different. She's been home schooled for all of her life and Karen prohibits anything electronic in the house: TVs, cell phones, internet, etc. When it comes to boys, she hasn’t really had any emotional connection to any of them. All the guys she’s been with, she feels absolutely nothing towards them, both physically and emotionally. Sky is damaged. She’s not the type to feel…anything. She doesn’t truly understand why, but the numbness she experiences time and time again isn’t anything new. She’s felt this way for a very long time, but there has to be a reason why she feels like this, right? It’s not until she runs into Dean Holder at the grocery store, she starts to feelbutterflies. What is this foreign feeling? What makes this guy sodifferent?

He reacts the way he does because there’s only one side to Dean Holder.
Passionate

There are parts of him I love, parts of him I hate, parts that terrify me and parts that amaze me.
 


Holder didn’t plan on going back to school. He’s been gone for a year, dealing with his sister, Lesslie’s, suicide. He’s damaged, too. His Hopeless tattoo reminds him of those who he let down in his life. He doesn’t want to feel anything toward this girl he just met, but there’s just something oddly familiar about her. When he notices her at the store, he practically demands her name. Unfortunately she is not who he thinks she is, but it doesn’t stop him from finding out whatever he can about her. The more time the two spend with each other, the more intense things become. The little things they start to learn about each other begin to add up to an even bigger picture. These two are connected in a way that neither of them ever imagined. When their secrets are revealed, both their lives are changed forever. 

“When you become mine, it’ll be a forever thing. I’ve told you before that the only thing that matters to me with you are the forevers, and I mean that.” ~ Holder 

Holder is AMAZING. I just fell in love with him. He's so passionate and intense. When he realizes his feelings for Sky, it blows my mind at how caring and supportive he is to her. He never gives up on her. Ever. I LOVE HIM! For me, he made the story what it is: Beautiful and highly emotional. You can’t help but be enamored by him and by the story. There were so many things I highlighted and re-read just because it made me feels all kinds of tingly goodness. Like I said, Colleen Hoover has such a knack for writing and storytelling. Just do me a favor and read this gorgeous story. Oh! Before I go, just one more quote for the road:

He could kiss me for the first time, or the twentieth time, or the millionth time and I wouldn’t care if it was a first or not, because I’m pretty sure we just broke the record for the best first kiss in the history of first kisses – without even kissing. 

SWOON. JUST. SWOON.

5 of 5 stars false





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...