} -->

Thursday 20 December 2012

Rock The Heart (Black Falcon #1) by Michelle Valentine

Rock the Heart (Black Falcon, #1)

For the last four years, good girl Lane has regretted breaking up with Noel Falcon. She thought she was sensible when she told him his dreams of being a rock star would get him nowhere, but now that he's a rock god and her career is stagnant, she realizes just how wrong she was. When Noel hires the marketing company where Lane is an intern, she’s forced to see him again. If she wants to land her dream job as executive within the company, she has to win him over and secure his account. Too bad Noel is still pissed at her for breaking his heart.

When Lane’s company flies her to a Black Falcon concert to gain Noel’s attention, emotions run high the moment she sees him and realizes she’s far from over him. But Noel’s countless trysts with groupies and his cocky attitude make Lane believe he isn’t the same guy she once loved—now he seems to only want her body. Then after Lane discloses she needs him to procure a job, Noel proves he’s a changed man by forcing her to go on the road with him in order to get it.

After Lane reluctantly takes Noel up on his offer, she becomes willing to do whatever it takes to keep him satisfied, even if it means succumbing to his seductive ways. Lane soon finds deception is a dangerous game and she’s not the only one playing.


Thessa's Review

Four Stars

“I’ll do anything you want to make this happen between us, including give you time because I can’t lose you again. It hurts too fucking much.” ~ Noel 

Son of a bitch! Curse you, Rockgods! You know you’re one of my weaknesses; my kryptonite. I couldn’t help but pick this book up. I seriously have issues. I can’t say no to these hot and sexy tattooed gods. The only thing that would totally make me combust is if he was a British rockstar. Alas, he is not, but that’s okay. Noel Falcon is still one hot male specimen. 

“This next song goes out to the girl who shredded my heart without hesitation back in high school. It’s called Ball Busting Bitch, and Lanie, this one’s for you.” 

Oh, yea Noel has some resentment towards his former high school love, Lanie. According to Lanie, I knew I broke his heart when I said I could never be with a dreamer because dreams don’t pay the bills. Fast forward four years and now he’s famous. She, however, is still trying to make it in the marketing business. She works as an intern at one of New York’s top marketing companies. Because no one else at the firm volunteers, she reluctantly agrees to wine and dine Noel to obtain information in marketing his charity. This is the kind of break she needed to get hired permanently, but how will she react to seeing Noel? Better yet, how will he react seeing her again?

“All I want to do is be with you. Now that I have you back I can’t see my life without you. When I think about my future, I think about you.” 

The love of his life is back. Now that he’s famous, Noel can have anyone he wants. But when Lanie shows up, all he wants her; a second chance. He will do whatever it takes to win her back, including convincing the CEO of her Marketing company to allow her to tour with him and his band while she “researches.” She is not thrilled at this idea and really does not want to subject herself to this. This. Is. Not. Happening. Unfortunately, her career is on the line and she has no choice. Two weeks with Noel. A lot can happen in two weeks.

“I tried to get over you. I really did, but you were always there. Every woman I kissed was you.” 

Second chance love….God, I LOVE stories like this, I’m a sucker for it actually. This story was pretty predictable, but it was still worth the read. Sometimes you need something like this to take you away and live the dream of catching the eye of a super sexy rock star. **sigh** I will always love these type of stories and will always return to them like a moth to a flame. I cannot wait to read book two in the series: Riff and Aubrey’s story. He’s such a man whore and I totally loved Aubrey. I’m also hoping she’ll write one for each twin in the band, too. Tyke and Trip…yumm!! Oh wait! New image is forming in my head: Tyke, Trip and me…**Faints**

4 of 5 stars false





2 comments:

Rusty Reads said...

Ditto here, The Black Falcons rocked my world from the start.
Can't wait to read Riff's story!

Thessamari said...

OMG! I can't wait for Riff and Aubrey's story!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...