} -->

Tuesday 11 December 2012

The Secret of Ella and Micha (Secret #1) by Jessica Sorensen

The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)

Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.

Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home. 

Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.

Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes. 

(New Adult Contemporary)
*Mature Content** Recommended for ages 17+ due to sexual situations and language.


Thessa's Review

4.5 Stars

Micha pulls back and smoothes my wet hair out of my eyes. “Don’t you ever do that to me again. I can’t do this without you.” 

**Sigh** I should’ve read this sooner. This book has been on my Kindle since October; when I first noticed this book. I loved the cover and loved the blurb and immediately bought it, but didn’t pick it up until now. What a mistake that was. I loved everything about this story. It was emotional and you couldn’t help but root for the H/h. The story had so much more than your typical YA. I could not put it down. If it wasn’t for work, I would’ve read it in one setting. 

“So then you understand why I ran away. If I don’t change, then I’ll turn out like her – I’ll turn out just like my mother.” 

Ella is damaged. She was once a carefree spirit and didn’t take any crap from anyone. Ever since she found her mother after she committed suicide, she was never the same. Not even her long time best friend, Micha, could help her. That night at the bridge, everything came crashing down on her. She’s afraid of turning out like her mother. Coping with her loss isn’t easy. She feels responsible for it. To top it all off, Micha is acting weird. She feels a shift in their friendship. Is he developing other feelings for her? It just becomes too much. So what does she do? She runs away. She disappears for eight months, leaving behind her old identity and also leaving behind Micha.

I use to come and go as I please with whoever I wanted, but once things started to change with our friendship, it became clear the void I was trying to fill was in her. ~ Micha 

For Micha, no girl has ever compared to Ella. They’ve been best friends and neighbors for a long time. Until one day he almost lost her. That was the day that he knew he couldn’t live without her; the day he wanted more from their friendship. Then she disappears. For the past eight months, Micha has been searching for Ella. One day, she reappears. But the girl that comes back isn’t his Ella. She’s become the total opposite of his best friend. In place of his tough-girl, passion filled, gothic clothed BFF, stands a preppy, straight-laced, play-by-the-rules kind of girl. However, he sees beneath the exterior and will do whatever it takes to bring back the girl he loves. 

My legs tense and Micha leans back. “Stay here, baby,” he whispers, like he can read my thoughts. “Trust me, okay? Don’t run.”
He waits for me to nod and then crashes his lips into mine, keeping his hands under my skirt. I arch my body into him, pressing my chest against his, and my nipples tingle. His tongue sensually plays with mine, tracing every spot on my mouth and my lips. My body starts to fill with a secret longing.
 


My, my, my. Yes. The story had lots of emotion and lots of chemistry. Like I said, it’s not your typical YA. Both Ella and Micha had to overcome a lot of serious issues to be together. They know each other like no one does and no one ever will. They need each other too much; they are meant to be. I absolutely LOVED this story and I cannot wait for book two, which is due out anytime now. As an added bonus, the author is also writing a book three that deals with Lila and Ethan, Ella & Micha’s best friends. I’m definitely looking forward to these books. Highly recommend for those looking for a mature YA story. 

4 of 5 stars false





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...