} -->

Friday 5 July 2013

Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine #1) by Shay Savage


As the captain of a schooner catering to the elite on the Caribbean Seas, Sebastian Stark does his best to avoid any human encounters. Interacting with people isn’t his thing, and he prefers the company of a bottle of vodka, a shot glass, and maybe a whore. There’s no doubt he’s hiding from a checkered past, but he does well keeping everything to himself…

…until the night his schooner capsizes, and he’s stuck on a life raft with one of the passengers.

Raine’s young, she’s cute, and Bastian would probably be into her if he wasn’t suffering from alcohol withdrawal. As the days pass, DTs, starvation, and dehydration become the norm. Even the most closed person starts to open up when he thinks he’s going to die, but when she realizes their traumatic pasts are connected, it’s no longer the elements that have Bastian concerned.

He has no idea how he’s going to Survive Raine.






Holly's Review

I really loved this book!

I don't think I can put it much simpler than that! Every freakin' thing about it! I am even ok with the fact that there is more to come because it wasn't necessarily a cliffy, a little, but not really, ya know? I really want to spend more time with Bastian and Raine but I feel pretty good about where we left off, if that makes sense :)


Ok, here is the thing, Bastian is a mean fucker, seriously, a total meanie! A lot!! But he can be totally awesome too, holy shit I can see why Raine falls in love with him anyway!

Hang on, getting ahead of myself here...

Bastian Stark is the captain of The Oblation, a charter ship that takes out what Bastian refers to as rich, society types on vacation cruises. He has no use for them, well actually people in general! He is an alcoholic with a kind of horrific past, a uniquely horrific past and really an all around dick! So when The Oblation goes down and he is stranded in a life raft with a girl he thinks is some rich bitch on vacation, you can imagine he is not happy. I loved Raine, she was tough, smart and never took any shit from Bastian. She gets him and is exactly what she needs, even if he doesn't know it!

They don't know each other, he hates people, is an alcoholic about to go through serious withdrawal and all they have is each other. Sound awesome yet?? :) Honestly, when I read the synopsis for this book it sounded ok but this book was anything but ok! They story sucks you in from the very beginning. The first half is spent in a life raft and the second half on an island but there is always so much going on you just devour the story. 

I cannot say enough about the amazing journey these to take of self discovery, acceptance and love. There is never a dull moment and I promise you won't be able to put this book down.

"Every time I look at you it's like my chest gets crushed, and I just want to stare at you and hold on to you and tell you everything is going to be all right. I don't know what it is Raine. I don't understand what you're doing to me."

"I love you too, Bastian."
 


Did I mention that I loved this book?? I hope y'all do too!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...